Without a content marketing strategy in place, you’re bound to run out of content ideas for your blog sooner or later, especially if you’re in a small niche, or else are committed to publishing new posts on your blog several times a week. Even a simple blog content strategy, informed by keyword research and enhanced by regular brainstorming, can help keep your blog fresh. In addition, there are many other things you can do to come up with engaging ideas for your blog posts…
- Understand the needs and problems of your target audience. What answers are your followers searching for? What kind of guidance do they need? What do they expect from your blog? If you can answer these questions, creating engaging content for your blog will become much easier.
- Ask your followers what they want you to blog about next. This helps you not only come up with blog topics that engage your audience, but also generate more comments.
- Let your passions inspire you. Don’t forget that blogging is a personal medium and that many of your followers are likely to react positively if you speak about your passions, especially if these are in some way related to the theme of your blog.
- Monitor your social pages. By keeping an eye on the reaction that your audience has to your social content, you can get many useful content ideas, not just for your blog, but for your social media marketing strategy, too.
- Join Facebook Groups in your niche and see what people are talking about. You’ll find there questions as well as answers that you can turn into worthwhile content for your blog.
- Read books and blogs. The more you know about your niche and the latest trends in it, the more content ideas you’ll have. Don’t forget that every writer was first a reader.
- Note down ideas on a daily basis. Some of your best content ideas are likely to strike you when you’re away from your computer. The simple habit of carrying a small notebook and pen with you wherever you go generates an influx of ideas. You can also use your phone’s voice recorder to store ideas.
- Expand upon posts and newsletters that have received a lot of comments, shares, and likes. Obviously, those are the type of content your audience welcomes the most, so why not give them more of it?
- Use a keyword research tool to identify low competition keywords. Use them as the starting point for new posts.
- Let yourself be inspired by content on YouTube and Pinterest, two visually stimulating social networks that can ignite your imagination. Just search on them for keywords relevant to your market and use what pops up as an inspiration for creating new content for your blog.
- Follow the latest news in your industry. Discuss headlines, new developments, and controversial topics on your blog.
- Be active on popular forums such as Warrior Forum or the equivalent forum for your niche. Although the rise of social media has somewhat relegated forums to the background, many of them still host great discussions.
- Check out podcasts and webinars offered by thought leaders in your market. Turn the ideas that inspire you the most into posts for your blog.
- Open up your blog to contributors. If your blog is known in your niche and has a good following, other bloggers will want to write guest posts for you, some of them for free. Inviting guest bloggers to your blog is a great way to add worthwhile content to it, and can help you make new friends as well.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to keep your creative juices flowing. Good luck!