Assertive Interpersonal Communication Public Workshop
May 29 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmSGD525.00
It should be so simple to communicate. You talk, they listen. You write, they read. You ask; they answer. You explain; they understand. It all sounds simple. But it isn’t.
People communicate with others every day, every moment of their life. Knowing how we are seen by others (non-verbal communication and facial expressions), heard by others (listening) or the manner in which we say things to other (speaking) and the effect we have on others can be a huge advantage or disadvantage if we don’t know the impact we have on others.
Following this workshop you will be able to:
- Become skillful in active listening
- Confidently speak up to share your points of view or convey information
- Utilize a process for problem solving
- Discover an effective and empathetic way to communicate bad news
- Become an assertive communicator without seeming pushy and heavy handed
- Discover how to give constructive feedback and receive criticism
- Identify how you communicate in a team setting
- Increase productivity as a result of communicating better
- Give staff or associates feedback in a non-threatening manner
- Handle difficult problems or issues faster
Who should attend:
Individuals looking to increase their communication skills and confidence when speaking to clients, management and peers.
Register Today! Click the Register Now Button.