Transition from Employee to Empowered Entrepreneur
Today’s workplace is in constant flux. As corporations adapt to stay relevant and profitable one way they are doing so is by reducing headcount— and this increasingly impacts the higher paid, experienced, older employees.
Many individuals in their 50’s and 60’s simply aren’t financially ready to retire, yet the likelihood of re-entering the workforce with a similar high paying salary will be extremely challenging.
So where does this leave the person who wants and needs to work? What is the solution?
In a word—Entrepreneurship
The 50-60 Something Start-up Entrepreneur course, conducted as a live 2+1 days’ workshop, gives you the steps for setting up, operating and promoting a small business. Tapping into the Lean Canvas model and the 8P’s Entrepreneurship Path framework, you will go through a process which moves from a business idea to developing a one-page business plan, and subsequently expanding all nine elements of the plan.
Unlike entrepreneurs in their 20’s and 30’s, mature start-ups don’t have the luxury of a long learning curve to navigate the ins and outs of running a business. This course teaches you what you need to hit the ground running and on the path to the restoration of earnings.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Identify the pains and problems in the marketplace
- Establish the ideal target audience (the consumer) that is experiencing the pain
- Create the product, service, system or solution that meets the need of the target audience
- Establish your company brand perception (name, fonts, colors) that attracts consumers to you
- Define the company product or service positioning in the market
- Determine the best pricing model for the brand
- Establish the method(s) of distribution, ie, online, wholesale, bricks and mortar retail, and or distributor
- Understand multi-channel marketing, beginning with strategy, then marketing tactics
- Discover how to prospect your ideal consumers and create a sales pipeline
Why you should attend:
Unlike entrepreneurs in their 20’s and 30’s, mature start-up entrepreneurs do not have the luxury of a long learning curve to figure the ins and outs of running a business. Encore entrepreneurs need to quickly get into action and hit the ground running. The 50-60 Start-up Entrepreneur allows you to learn what you need to get started today.
Who should attend:
Singaporeans, PRs, Expats, and PMETs looking to start a new career, Individuals moving out of the military or civil servant positions, Empty-nesters or any mature adult looking to create an additional revenue stream to supplement their lifestyle or support themselves and/or their families.
Registration Fee: S$1397 / person
Pamela Wigglesworth, CSP, is an American, Singapore-based, international marketing and entrepreneurship expert and business author. Having experienced a business failure mid-career, it became the catalyst for who she is today and the driving force behind the small business community she aims to serve.
As CEO of Experiential Hands-on Learning, she has carved out a unique space in the market, specializing in small business branding, marketing and entrepreneurship whist maintaining her presence in the corporate arena, working with large multinational organizations across Asia.